Thursday, February 16, 2017

Zucchini Tots

I "zoodled" some zucchini (made noodles out of zucchini) for Dave to eat with grilled chicken while I was gone to my sissy's wedding but he ended up going out just about every night so he stuck the zoodles in the freezer...hmmm I wasn't sure what the texture was going to be of the thawed zucchini and sure enough, it's not great - super watery. So instead of trying to keep them as zoodles I saw this recipe for zucchini tots and thought they might be good for that if I really wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini and then chop in small pieces...and it worked! These are so good!

ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • 1 packed cup grated zucchini
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 medium onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste
directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400'. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon 1 T. of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden. Makes 16.

Yield:  serving size 5 tots. Per serving: 108 calories, 4.3g fat, sodium 262mg, carb 11.5g, protein 7g. 


Click here for the original post found on Skinnytaste.com

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice save on the Zucchini! They look great!. My husband does the same with me. I would make him things before I would leave to meet up with my sister, and yip, he went out every night for food. The last time I went to Utah, he asked me not to make him anything. Lol!

    ReplyDelete