Friday, October 19, 2018

Ghost Sucker Wreath

I've made ghost sucker wreaths for a long time but this time I switched it up a bit. The "classic" way is to wrap a kleenex around a sucker, knot it to a wire wreath and hang a small pair of kids safety scissors from the bottom so you can cut off one "ghost" at a time as needed (either to give a sucker to someone or if you need a sugar fix haha!). For this wreath I wrapped each sucker in a coffee filter which makes a pretty ruffly wreath that I think looks better than the kleenex version!



Instead of knotting them on I tied each one on with a bow so I don't need scissors to get the ghosts off the wreath. Because the coffee filters are thicker, it worked better to alternate the suckers with head facing into the center and head facing out - I was able to fill in the holes easier this way and make the wreath look nice and full.

After wrapping the coffee filter around the sucker just dot on eyes using a fat sharpie - I enjoy the little faces peeking out between the filter ruffles.

Black curly ribbon would have been better looking probably, but I didn't have any so just used white - still cute! I finished this one by adding a Dollar store bow (attach with a pipe cleaner and make a loop for hanging), but that's your call - it also looks good without one!






10.19.2017: bloody handprint decals
10.19.2016: graveyard dirt cake
10.19.2015: halloween gingerbread houses

No comments:

Post a Comment