Sunday, October 7, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 40)

Dear Campers ~

First week of October was very busy around camp, I have SO many projects going in my craft room that there is literally no surface I can set anything down on. Even the floor has in-progress projects like painting pumpkins and lawn ornaments (you'll see all that very soon!). After getting the serious glue gun burn on the skeleton pumpkin man thing, I'm trying to slow down and pay much more attention - but the chaos in my room is building and I need to finish some things pretty soon! Here's the weekly recap handsome miscellaneous ramblings:

Posts you might have missed ~

9/30: around the campfire (week 39)
10/1: who's lurking in the kitchen?
10/2: baggie wreath
10/3: molasses oatmeal cookies
10/4: skeleton hand wreath
10/5: paper pumpkin
10/6: skeleton pumpkin man

What's cooking ~
  • grilled thin chicken breasts, steamed green beans, spinach ravioli
  • grilled steak, potato salad, grilled onions, roasted carrots, wedge salad
  • grilled tuna, greek salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, garbanzo beans, feta cheese)
  • marinated pork tenderloin, stuffed zucchini, sweet kale coleslaw
  • Al and Cathy made us rigatoni with meatballs, italian sausage, and hard boiled eggs in homemade sauce - so good!
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • I read Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani, loved it and will be reading the sequel for sure.
  • bought 82 items at the Dollar Store! I would have said that's impossible but nope, so much good stuff this time. 27 of that was the skeleton hands (see 10/4 post)!
  • working on lots of Halloween crafts - I have no patience and hate when I can't complete a project in a couple hours and then post it hahahah. Paint has to dry, glue has to set...so annoying ;)
  • it's been cold and rainy here so even tho there is... (get ready for it)...still tomatoes on the vines (!) I'm pulling them all out. I'll pick all the tomatoes, even the green ones, and roast them all for my most favorite sauce (you know, roast with olive oil and seasonings for about an hour until they get cooked down and carmelized. yum). What an amazing year for my little tomato garden!
This made me laugh - I left the house in a hurry and couldn't remember if I unplugged the evil glue gun so called Dave to see if he'd go check. He texted me "you're very messy, but you did unplug it". I said that's why it's great to have a craft room that I can just walk away from, I can make a mess! Hahahaha - he's right, the room is such a mess you can't actually walk in!

See ya next week!

Sincerely,

Jill, your camp counselor


10.7.2017 framed bat picture












10.7.2016 funky wood pumpkin













10.7.2015 boo painted mug


No comments:

Post a Comment