Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Baggie Wreath

Michelle, did you think I forgot this idea you gave me (along with the baggies)? Well I didn't - it just took me this long to finally make it!!! Thanks again, I love how it turned out. Initially I was going to make this for December/January - it's going to be so pretty with ornaments or snowflakes attached, but it's got a little "ghosty" feel to it and I think it's also great for Halloween. You'll definitely be seeing this a couple months from now changed up for winter!


This is a very easy project, and inexpensive - it's just 2 boxes of dollar store fold-over sandwich baggies and a wire coat hanger. No other supplies at all - not even scissors or glue. And as long as your littles can tie, this is a great kid craft too.

Bend a coat hanger into a circle, and bend the hook down a bit to form a loop for hanging. Then get to tying the baggies on...I started by folding the baggies into orderly little rectangles but realized it totally doesn't matter - just wrap a baggie around the wire and tie on. Keep going until you can't fit one more baggie and you're done. Decorate however you want - I did a Dollar Store bow and cutie spider.

a regular wire hanger made a 12" circle

don't know if it matters, but I alternated turning the bags
up and down when tying them on. 




Ronda was with us when Michelle was telling me how to make this, and she said "oh Jill is going to love this, she loves making crap out of random things" hahahahah. Yep, I do actually ;)

one year ago: Jen's caramel apple pudding shots
two years ago: vegetable soup
three years ago: how to make "bloody" candles

No comments:

Post a Comment