Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mini Pumpkin Diorama

Ok, here's the last craft using Dollar store mini carveable pumpkins. Customize it however you want, I went a little "spooky" (you know me tho, I'm not very spooky haha)  but this would be cute with flowers or succulents; you could have bugs, worms, or spiders spilling out; instead of the paper headstone you could do a creaky house or trees; endless options!



To make this diorama I cut an oval in the front of the pumpkin using a craft knife and painted the inside and cut edges with black craft paint (leftover and still on the paper plate from the painted pail and flamingo). Then I filled it with things I had in my stash - a square of Halloween decorative paper that has a big moon and tree silhouette on it for the background (Stampin' Up), line the bottom with moss, a little stick stands up to mimic a tree with a plastic bat glued to it. I made a small headstone out of black cardstock trimmed in silver pen and rested a skull up against it. Note the bat and skull are both plastic rings that I cut the ring part off).

Cute, inexpensive, and other than waiting for the paint to dry it's quick!





Three ideas for mini pumpkin decorating - a mummy, a sequined one,
and this diorama - all easy, quick and cute! 





10.17.2017: make a candy corn wreath

10.17.2017: paint a Halloween canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment