Friday, October 5, 2018

Paper Pumpkin

Sitting in my craft room literally waiting for paint to dry (spider earrings coming up soon!) and looking for a quickie project -  this pretty marbled paper from Stampin' Up reminds me of a squash so I whipped up a paper pumpkin that I'm going to put on my desk (and if I get out to Ronda's studio any time soon I'll make one to add to her seasonal display table!). This is a very easy, kid friendly, cute Halloween or fall decoration - cheap and quick too! That kinda makes for the perfect craft in my book.


Supplies:

  •  decorative paper
  • 2 brads
  • small hole bunch
  • scissors and ruler,  or cutting board
  • 2 green pipe cleaners (chenille stems, whatever - I've always called them pipe cleaners!)
  • pencil to curl the pipe cleaners
  • twine
  • cork
  • round cardboard to give the bottom some stability


Cut 1 inch strips of paper (how long the strips are will determine the size of your finished pumpkin). My paper is 12" square and I cut 24 strips (2 pieces of paper) and that's as big a pumpkin as you're going to get with standard 12" square paper.

Hole punch both ends of each strip and thread all of one end onto a brad, then all of the other end onto a brad. Spread the strips apart evenly to form the pumpkin.



 Glue a piece of cardboard to the bottom to make it more stable and it'll help keep the strips in place.


Glue a wine cork to the top like a stem - you can paint it if you want but I wrapped twine around mine instead. I also found the cork sat better on top of the brad by carving out a little circle from the bottom of the cork - then fit the cork over the brad.


Curl both ends of the pipe cleaner around a pencil, then twist around the cork. Glue twine around the cork if you want - I like how it looks but painting the stem cork would also be cool - how about glitter paint?





10.5.17 make a mummy picture






















10.5.16 m&m cookie bars
















10.5.15 squash ghosts











No comments:

Post a Comment