Friday, October 12, 2018

Halloween Flamingo



I'm seriously wishing I saved that flamingo that the lawnmower guy chopped up (I'm pretty sure he was mad at me and getting retaliation hahaha!) - it would have been perfect for a creepy halloween decoration. Oh well - at the time it didn't occur to me that a ruined flamingo could be turned into something cool! Fortunately (not sure others would call my plastic flamingo collection "fortunate") I have lots more so turned one of them into this fun porch decoration by just painting it black and gluing on some googly-eyes. My original plan was to make a scary flamingo but once you add googly eyes the scary factor disappears!


painting tip: if you're painting a project that needs a second coat or touching up
you don't have to wash the brush or put the paints away (I pour paint onto
a paper plate when I'm doing this kind of craft) - just pop the whole
 thing into a large ziplock bag - the brush and paint won't dry out!  

Sarge wanted to be part of the porch display..

this is the maimed flamingo that would have made a perfect Halloween decoration!

10.12.2017: paper covered owl
10.12.2016: Cassandra's no-bake cookies
10.12.2015: Halloween tree

No comments:

Post a Comment