Monday, February 25, 2019

Double Bed Skirt

I have a white dust ruffle on the guest room bed hiding all the under-bed storage I've got going on - no, it's not a cluttered-stick-it-somewhere-how-'bout-under-the-bed thing, it's all organized and necessary things to have that there is no other place to store (Christmas wrapping papers, extra blankets, etc.). Anyway, when cleaning out the garage a while back I found a few blocks used to jack a bed up and give extra room underneath the bed so I put them under the guest bed...only now the dust ruffle is a few inches too short. I debated (and got other opinions) and thought it was just fine to not have the bed skirt touch the floor, until Janis gave me an old tan bedskirt she wasn't using anymore and I had an "aha" moment. What about a double ruffled bed skirt to fill in the gap? 


Super easy and I love how it turned out - I cut the ruffle off of her bedskirt and sewed it to an old bottom sheet I have that has lost it's elasticity in the corners so it hangs straight down. It's the perfect thing to attach the ruffle to; I put the sheet on the boxspring and pinned the ruffle in place so I knew that it was the right length to touch the floor, then machine sewed the sheet and ruffle together. Put in back over the boxspring and then layered my white dust ruffle over top, then put the mattress back on. 

It looks so good now!! Thanks again Janis, your dust ruffle is the perfect solution to my floating bedskirt issue (other than finding another place to hoard, I mean store, my miscellaneous stuff that is). 


I cut the ruffle off about an inch above the pleating -
which meant I could sew it to the sheet with having
to pleat it myself...win!





After I made this I saw an article about things women over 40 shouldn't have - dust ruffle made the top of the list LOL!  Whatev.


Happy moment ~ sitting in the dark with a candle burning first thing this morning



my helper


4 comments:

  1. Quite an out of the box idea. Looks quite good. Please do not stop posting.

    Long Pillow Case
    Long Pillow Cover





    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice info. Easily add a wrap around bed skirt to your bed no need to lift the heavy mattress simply wrap it around your bed and it’s done. For most people, altering a bed skirt is tough, but this elastic wrap-around bed skirt makes tough work become so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed skirts should be roughly the same width and length as your bed frame. Comfort Beddings offers bed skirts in multiple sizes like bed skirt queen, bed skirt twin, bed skirt king, full size bed skirt etc and also in multiple drop lengths.
    wrap around bed skirt
    ruffled bed skirt

    ReplyDelete