Saturday, February 2, 2019

Groundhog Day

I can never remember - if he sees his shadow is that a good thing? Which one means 6 more weeks of winter? I don't know which to wish for hahaha. Either way, saw this cute little groundhog in a craft book my sis got me (can't remember the name to give credit) and it literally took me 5 minutes to make - so even tho I'm a little late posting this, you can make these super quick for a fun little project today. The book showed making these paper groundhogs into cupcake or cake toppers by attaching a bamboo skewer to the backside, if I had a reason to bake a cake for tonight I would totally add this adorable simple little guy.

I traced the pattern onto parchment paper, cut the body out of tan cardstock and the ground (or is that supposed to be a hat? I'm not sure - I'm going with the ground) out of black cardstock. Draw on the face with a fine point black sharpie, cut out a tiny square of white cardstock for the teeth and draw a little line down the center, attach with a bit of glue stick. I glued my little guy to a white card and have him standing up on the counter - looking at this cutie is my happy moment of the day!




2.2.18: super bowl games
2.2.17: preserving lemons
2.2.16: organizing wrapping and tissue papers

Happy moment ~ in case you didn't read the above rambling, looking at this little face makes me happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment