Sunday, February 3, 2019

Around the Campfire (week 5)

we did a brand new puzzle...and it's missing a piece!
Dear Campers ~

Here's this weeks recap and week in review:

Post you might have missed ~

1/27: around the campfire (week 4)
1/28: glass cleaner
1/29: curly willow
1/30: chocolate-mint crackles
1/31: restring the scottie
2/1: baby poop party dip
2/2: paper groundhog

What's Cooking ~
  • grilled chicken sausages, greek orzo salad (orzo tossed with olive oil, chopped tomatoes, feta, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, greek seasoning if you have it - it's still good without!)
  • Cathy's baked mostaccioli (I'll share the recipe soon!), arugula salad with white beans and asparagus (I'll share that recipe soon too)
  • grilled chicken, roasted broccoli, leftover orzo salad
  • grilled steak, leftover pasta with red sauce, steamed spinach, crusty bread
  • pasta with basil pesto, salad (goodness we ate a lot of pasta this week!) 
  • chicken enchilada suizas
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy that isn't worth a whole post ~

  • Cathy and Al were here all week and we had so much fun! Took them to the Reagan Library in Simi Valley (beautiful location, interesting museum - we got to go inside a retired Air Force One plane and helicopter, that was my favorite part). Getting ready for their stay made me clean out the drawers and closet in the guest room - I tried to make it hospitable by including bottles of water, a little bowl of chocolates, and our Wifi code printed and framed on the nightstand (click here to see how I made it). 
  • Al made us Old-Fashioneds one night during a mean game of Jokers (and I do mean "mean" - boy some people are competitive!) using Makers Mark bourbon, bitters, orange slices, and muddled maraschino cherries. Yum - thanks again Al!
  • Finished Harry Potter #4 Goblet of Fire - I'm really enjoying re-reading this series. Also read A Spark of Light but didn't love it...I read it because I thought Cathy recommended it, so when I told her I didn't love it she goes "I didn't tell you to read that. I told you to read Small Great Things" LOL, oops. So I'm now reading that one!
Hope all my Michigan people are staying warm - yikes what an awful, miserably cold week you had! We had our first thunderstorm in ages on Thursday, after the first crack of thunder we looked at each other and said "what was that?" because it never happens here! Finger's crossed next week brings warmer temps and nicer weather. 


Sincerely ~


Jill
your camp counselor and Joker co-winner

No comments:

Post a Comment