Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Curly Willow Branches

Patty gave me a pretty floral arrangement that had a piece of curly willow in it - when it was time to toss the flowers I had a flashback to a flower class I took years ago and remembered that if you put the branch in water it will eventually grow roots and you can plant it. So that's what I did - although instead of putting it in a glass of water I bent it and put it in my indoor water fountain that I have by my kitchen sink; and sure enough, both ends have roots now and little leaves are shooting off the branch (it was a bare branch when it came in the floral arrangement). How fun is this - maybe I'll grow my own curly willow tree...except for now it looks super cute in the water fountain so I'm not going to plant it just yet.




Happy moment -  listening to my indoor water fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment