Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Chocolate Chip and Mini Marshmallow Cookies (aka: Gnarly Cookies)

The title of these cookies sounds waaaaaay better than they look. In fact, Mickey called them "gnarly" and asked if I was drunk when I made them. I wish, at least then there would be an excuse. But nope - stone cold sober (I needed a drink afterwards tho!). These are truly the ugliest cookies I've ever baked. It's a little embarrassing actually - but I'm sharing so you know that not everything I make turns out! LOL!! I'm not living the perfect Facebook-only-share-the-good-stuff-so-everyone-feels-bad-about-their-own-lives life, sometimes there are "fails" hahahahaha.

On the bright side - these do taste good. So if you need a cookie that looks awful but tastes good for some obscure reason, here ya' go. You're welcome. Maybe you'll win the "ugliest cookie contest" or something...

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Cream the butter and sugars until fully mixed and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt, add to the butter mixture until combined.
  3. Stir in the chips and marshmallows. 
  4. Shape the dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls, chill for at least 30 minutes.
  5. Preheat the oven to 325'. Arrange the balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, leaving at least 3 inches between cookies. Bake 15 minutes until browned on edges but still soft in center. Let cool on cookie sheet. click here for original source of the recipe. 
I've never made a more un-appealing batch of cookies, except maybe these that I burned LOL:


One tiny thing that made me feel better - I gave these to the guy working on my garage and said "these are the ugliest cookies I've ever made" and he goes "I don't care, they're cookies". In fact, that's my happy moment of the day ~ when you make ugly cookies but someone still appreciates them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment