Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Kale Salad

Today it's a little kale tip:

Dave hates kale because he "can never get it on his fork", um ok...I think he means it's too leafy and big and tough to spear...I think...or it could be that he eats so fast he hates when it takes too long to finish something hahaha...but I made kale salad the other night and we both loved it. I think the key this time is that about 1/2 hour before serving the salad I mixed the bowl of fresh kale (remove the hard stems and rip into little 1"-ish pieces) with a drizzle of olive oil and coarse salt and let it set on the counter; that helped to soften the kale and took a little bit of the fresh crunchy kale texture away.

To serve the salad I simply tossed it with store-bought honey-ginger dressing, coarse pepper, a touch more salt, and toasted sesame seeds. This turned out so good it'll definitely be a repeat, and I heard nary a word about it being hard to eat ;).

1.22.18: skillet chicken and veggie pot pie
1.22.17: DIY reserved signs

Happy moment ~ remembering my sissy's wedding 2 years ago today 









No comments:

Post a Comment