Friday, February 8, 2019

DIY: Air Freshener

nope, haven't got around to
making cuter labels yet!

Stinky dog? Burnt toast? Musty carpet? I love walking into a room and having it smell clean - whether it actually is or isn't clean is beside the point, I just like a clean smell. In comes this homemade air freshener - I'm a little obsessed right now with spraying this stuff all over the house (and on the patio where the dog does his business!), it's beyond easy and quick, it's inexpensive to make, and I like to think it's better than spraying who-knows-what chemicals in my house.

Put 1 cup of water in a small spray bottle, add at least 20 drops of essential oils and shake it up. Add more oil until it's as strong as you want. For my latest batch I mixed 1/4 spearmint and 3/4 lime oils and it smells so good in the kitchen (I also spray it in the cabinet that holds our trash cans)... I have a separate bottle that is lavender scented that I spray on our mattress pad when changing the sheets (let the mattress pad air dry for a few minutes before making the bed up). Be creative and change up scents based on which rooms you are spraying them in, or just have one mix that smells great everywhere (citrus scents are my favorite all-purpose blends that smell good in any room).


2.8.18: make a heart-felt Valentine card
2.8.17: mini bundt brownies
2.8.16: Valentine slider box (to hold chocolates)

Happy moment ~ listening to little birds singing away outside my window



No comments:

Post a Comment