Saturday, February 16, 2019

Walking Taco Bowl

Have you had 'walking tacos'? It's individual sized bags of fritos with a scoop of chili and toppings added right in the bag - then you are free to walk around and eat them out of the bag. Hence 'walking taco'. Great for a party or sporting events, low mess and easy cleanup. 


I made chili for dinner and wanted to do something other than make my usual corn bread as a side, or serve it over pasta (Cincinnati chili), so I took the idea of a walking taco and turned them into bowl-sized tacos - think of them like 'deconstructed tacos'. Put a handful of frito corn chips in the bottom of the bowl, top with chili, sprinkle on shredded cheese, and garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. These turned out SO good; maybe not as easy to clean up since we had to do dishes, but I don't really want to walk around my kitchen and eat dinner from a bag ;) this is a new favorite for sure. Dave added more frito's to the top because the bottom ones got soft from soaking up the chili, mine stayed crunchy enough (I probably put less chili in my bowl).

Click here for my go-to chili recipe, or use whatever kind you like! Easy and delicious.




Happy moment ~ walking with a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment