Monday, February 11, 2019

DIY: Ear Crawler

Made myself an ear crawler (a long post earring that sits on top of your ear lobe instead of dangling off) just to see if I could. I think it turned out pretty cute and I wear it often - since making this short one I've done longer but don't have any pictures and too lazy to get one from my jewelry box and take  more photos hahaha - it's the same exact thing as this one just with more seed beads added before making the bend. I put a plastic back on mine when I wear it to keep it from working itself out but it would probably stay put without it, if you leave a long enough back wire. 

Cut the top hook off of a french wire earring (they come in a package in the jewelry finding section at the craft store), remove the ball and the coiled up wire. Snip the kinked part off (where the coiled wire was) and using small round pliers make a bend on one end so the beads won't fall off, add as many small beads as you want and then bend the crawler to make a deep u-shape. The earring then goes thru the hole in your lobe and angles up in the back, with the bead end showing on the top of your earlobe (obviously!). Tighten it to keep it sitting against your ear by gently squeezing the two sides together and making the u-shaped bend a little deeper - and you can snip a bit of the free end off if it seems to long on the back of your ear. Easy!






2.11.17: Jilly's Jam - 'so good it's scary blueberry'
2.11.16: Valentine nail art

Happy moment ~ when a hummingbird hovered right in front of me, like he was saying 'hi'

No comments:

Post a Comment