Thursday, July 25, 2019

Broccoli Salad/Cole Slaw Mash-Up...by Jenny

I didn't make my sis dinner this week (I know I'm going to hear her say she's hungry and I'm starving her haha), but I do have this post that she did for me a while ago but I forgot to share it! So here's the replacement post from her instead of a 'my sis is hungry' review for this week...hey, maybe I should review HER cooking this time LOL:


Continuing on my trend of lousy blogs that are not real cooking or real crafting ~

Today’s no cooking-skill required thing that I eat: 
Odd concoction of Broccoli Salad and Cole Slaw.  Yes that’s my official name for it.  Catchy I know.

I LOVE broccoli salad that you buy from the deli.  You know the one that swims in sugary mayo?  Coating the broccoli but yet still allowing people to feel they are being healthy by eating a vegetable?  I love it.

Anyway.  One day I decided I could make that healthier and better.  Below is my attempt at it - adding coleslaw mix (not already with dressing) for filler.


1 head Broccoli- cut and washed
½ bag Cole Slaw mix
1 cup Craisins
1 cup Light Coleslaw dressing

Love this so much. The Craisins make it sweet, its crunchy so I feel like I’m getting a snack and I can make a big bowl and keep it in the fridge for a couple days of snacks.  Love it. 
Yes I realize my sister will mock this – or she will say she used to make that years ago, with some kind of homemade dressing that made hers better than mine, but whatever.  Love it.


*Jill here - no I'm not going to mock this salad, it sounds delicious - I am going to mock her for how many times she says "love it" in the post tho - I count 5!!! 



7.25.18: peanut butter granola
7.25.17: how to sharpen knives
7.25.16: Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment