Saturday, July 20, 2019

Grilled Tuna Pasta Salad

It is smokin' hot and super humid out (aka: also known as my least favorite weather!) and I really really wanted cold dinner last night - we had some leftover dressing from making creamy cucumbers and a big piece of tuna that Dave grilled the night before (seasoned with Montreal steak spice blend);  I did a quick boil of cavatappi noodles and after they cooled mixed with some diced celery, a big handful of thawed frozen peas, shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese blend, a big sprinkle of grated parmesan, the chopped up leftover tuna and   the creamy dressing. This was so good! Hit the spot during the oppressive heat, clean up was easy, and Dave said "this is great, are you going to blog it?" I wasn't, because it's just basic tuna pasta salad but the addition of the creamy dressing and fresh fish really made it a little more special - so yes, I'm sharing :)


The dressing is easy and I make it all the time - it's really good on a greek salad of chopped cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, and roasted garbanzo beans - mix all together in a small bowl:
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (or mix 1/2 mayo with 1/2 greek yogurt)
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
I've been making it lately without the sugar and adding a dollop of Miracle Whip since it's a little sweet and I have a jar of it right now.


7.20.18: kid craft: beach jars
7.20.17: how I organize my garden stuff
7.20.16: Budapest and Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment