Friday, May 7, 2021

Pineapple Whip

I was feeling like a little sweet treat and saw this recipe for pineapple whip on bhg.com - what's not to like about pineapple whip? So I made it to the point of pouring pineapple juice over top of the frozen concoction, there's a ton of sugar in pineapple juice and I wasn't feeling it. I also used pineapple in it's own juice instead of heavy syrup - this is super easy and a nice, light dessert. 

  • 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, don't drain (original recipe calls for pineapple in heavy syrup, I used the kind in it's own juice)
  • 1 1/2 T. lime juice
  • 1 T. lemon juice
  • 1/2 of an 8 oz. container cool whip, thawed (I used light)
  • pineapple juice, if desired
Put the pineapple, lime and lemon juices in a blender and process until smooth. Fold in the cool whip and put in freezer until solid. Scoop into a glass and top with pineapple juice (or just scoop it into a dish and eat it without the juice). 


5.7.20: Janis's risotto with vegetables
5.7.19: tt: vanilla
5.7.18: adorable hedgehug cards
5.7.17: coconut curry sauce






No comments:

Post a Comment