Thursday, May 27, 2021

Firecracker Meatballs

Here's another Hello Fresh knock-off, this time it's Firecracker Meatballs which my sis said they love so I thought I'd give it a go. And I'm glad I did, these are great!



I don't love spicy so didn't put very much hot sauce in the firecracker sauce, but then I drizzled it with mild buffalo sauce which was the perfect amount of heat for me. Add as much as you want to make it more or less 'firecracker-y'. This is what I did:

Ingredients:

(for the meatballs)

  • 1 lb. ground beef (I buy the leanest possible)
  • 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 1/2 T. soy sauce 
  • 1 t. ground ginger
  • salt and pepper
(for the sauce)
  • 1/4 cup mayo (I use light)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (ditto with the light version)
  • 1 T. honey
  • 2 t. soy sauce
  • a couple dashes of hot sauce or sriracha (to taste)
(for serving)
  • cooked Jasmine rice seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
  • buffalo sauce (optional)
Directions:

Adjust oven rack to the top position. Preheat oven to 425'. 

Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl. Set aside 

Combine all ingredients for the meatballs, form into approximately 20 (1 1/2") meatballs. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until cooked through 14-16 minutes. Note: if you also want roasted veggies you can add to one half of the baking sheet and bake with the meatballs. 

To serve: Add the cooked meatballs to the bowl with the sauce, toss to coat. Serve over rice. Drizzle with buffalo sauce if desired. 




5.27.17: travel blog - Scotland
5.27.16: berry topping

No comments:

Post a Comment