Thursday, May 13, 2021

Baked BBQ Chicken and Smashed Baby Potatoes

My sister gave me a stack of Hello Fresh recipe cards and I thought it'd be fun to take their ideas and make 'em my own - they have lots of prepared sauces and spice blends that I might try to recreate or I'll just wing my own seasoning/sauces. For example, this bbq chicken recipe originally called for skin-on, bone-in thighs and legs and the potatoes are topped with 'smoky red pepper crema' - I changed it to boneless chicken breasts and served the potatoes with sour cream on the side. Same idea, different execution. Here's what I did:


  • 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 4 smaller ones, adjust the baking time as needed)
  • baby potatoes (18-20 or however many you want and can fit in the pan)
  • shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • olive oil
  • bbq sauce
  • salt and pepper

Adjust oven rack to the top position, and preheat oven to 425'. Line a baking sheet with foil. 

Pat chicken dry with paper towels; drizzle with a little olive oil and rub to coat. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on one side of the prepared baking sheet.

Put the potatoes on the other side of the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. 

Roast for 20 minutes. 

Remove baking sheet from the oven. Carefully flatten the potatoes with a spatula or fork, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the shredded cheese over top. Brush bbq sauce on the chicken. Return to the oven and continue cooking until the chicken is done and the potatoes are slightly crispy and the cheese is melted. 





5.13.20: Natalie's churros

5.13.19: macrame owl (I have him hanging from my rear view mirror, so cute!)

5.13.18: coriander crusted pork tenderloin

5.13.17: parachute cord dog collar

5.13.16: Brooke's emoji cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment