Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: stamp ink hack

I haven't been stamping much lately so when I went to make the trifold card I posted a few days ago and wanted to stamp a cute image in the center naturally my ink pads are all dried up! Ugh. I remembered this hack from years ago to color the stamp using markers. This is really fun to do when you want the stamp outlines to be different colors - say if you wanted parts of this stamp to not have black outlines, you could use a colored marker for the flowers, a different color for the container, and the black for the words, etc. You only color the raised portion and you need to move fairly quickly or the marker ink will dry on the stamp before you have time to stamp it - if that happens tho I just blow on the stamped ink (like if you are cleaning your glasses) to moisten the ink.

 If this is a huge no-no in the stamping world I'm sorry, my bad - but it works!


In the photo above the right side is the first time I inked the stamp, it turned out very light because it dried too fast - left side is after I huffed on it hahaha!

5.11.20: pasties
5.11.17: travel folder

No comments:

Post a Comment