Monday, May 24, 2021

Cream Filled Cupcakes and Sprinkle Blend

I've said this before, I love sprinkles and have waaaaay too many (click here for a funny sprinkle story). One of my fave things to do is combine a bunch of different kinds/colors/shapes to make my own sprinkle blend. I was asked if I wanted to make cupcakes for Brooke's soccer senior night and of course I said yes before asking how many they needed - I'm thinking like 35, seems reasonable for a few girls right? Nope. I ended up making 13 dozen!!! Thankfully my sis helped me frost them and add the sprinkles! 

I made up a sprinkle blend using her team colors - I even found little silver edible stars that are SO cute and add a little sparkle to the mix.


For the cupcakes: I doctored boxes of cake mix with an extra egg, sour cream, melted butter instead of oil, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Bake according to package directions. Note I made regular size and also mini. Remove to racks to cool completely.

Combine 1 box of instant pudding (I used cheesecake flavor) with 3/4 cup whole milk. Whisk for a minute and then fold in 1/2 of an 8 oz. container thawed Cool Whip. Fill a decorator bag fitted with a large tip. Push the tip into the top of each cupcake and gently squeeze a little of the pudding cream mixture into each one. Don't put in too much or the top of the cake will explode! Yep, ask me how I know... 

After filling all of the cupcakes, frost with buttercream (homemade or store-bought, up to you) frosting and add sprinkles. Note: you need to add sprinkles right after frosting each cupcake, if you wait the sprinkles won't stick. Again, ask me how I know ;)


1 down - 149 to go... hahahahahhahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment