Thursday, September 17, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Mexican Jalapeno Poppers

I made these for my sis but she never reviewed them for me - so I'm posting without her input! I don't eat jalapeƱo poppers but can tell you that this filling is delicious (I'm not a 'spicy' fan so usually don't even eat pepper jack cheese but in this case it was so good - I think the cream cheese tones down the heat) and my sis and Brooke loved them...you'll have to take my word for it instead of hearing it in her words this time hahahha! 


I googled recipes and after getting some filling ideas I just made up my own - so I don't have amounts, just eyeball it. Add ingredients to the cream cheese until you're happy with it (and obviously you have to taste it along the way to get it just right - that's how I know the filling is great even without trying the finished popper LOL!). I've learned from past experience making jalapeƱo poppers for my sis that *apparently* you need to remove most of the seeds or they are beyond hot and no one can eat them - here's what I do: wearing disposable gloves cut the jalapeƱo's in half the long way and remove the seeds. DO NOT touch anything while doing this step or it'll burn like a son of a gun and you'll be sorry! Then I add 3 seeds back into the jalapeƱo halves before filling with the cream cheese mixture. Remove and throw away the gloves. 

1 block cream cheese, softened
chopped cooked bacon
chopped cilantro leaves
2 green onions (white and green parts)
1 teaspoon mexican seasoning (I used Tajin)
a handful of shredded pepper jack cheese
8 jalapeƱos, sliced and seeds removed

Combine the filling ingredients (cream cheese thru the pepper jack cheese), taste and adjust to your liking. Fill the jalapeƱo halves, place in a baking dish and bake at 375' for 20-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment