Friday, September 4, 2020

Cathy's Canvas Transformation (aka: making a new painting from an old one)

Cathy did it again - she is a master of changing and remaking objects around her house and this one shocked me. She took a very large, very contemporary canvas and painted right over it! And look how great it turned out - I wish I had the nerve (and skill) to do this. 


It was actually a group effort which I think is even more special - family members took turns painting different areas until they came up with this amazing water scene. I wish I knew how big this canvas is, I'm going to guess 5' tall by 3' wide - she has it hanging in her front entryway and it's huge! Would you have thought to do this? 

Here's what it originally looked like:


During the transformation:


No comments:

Post a Comment