Saturday, September 18, 2021

Crocheted Afghan (for Brooke)

True story - Brooke loves an old afghan that I crocheted a million years ago and asked if I'd make her one. 

She asked me in 2019 and I started it right away...


and then put it down and forgot about it until last December when I thought I'd finish it and give it to her for Christmas...

and then put it down and forgot about it until her 18th birthday a couple weeks ago. I actually finished it this time, when she opened it I asked if she even remembered she wanted one hahahahah - she said yes and immediately got in a comfy chair and put it around her and the dog. After she opened it one of her sisters said 'wait, I didn't know we could ask for an afghan!' and put in an order LOL.

I said 'sure, I'm happy to make you one' - but chances are she won't get it for 2 years - apparently that's how long it takes me ;) 


I crocheted this using a no-space double crochet v-stitch pattern, then did a simple shell stitch along the two short ends to give it a more finished look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment