Friday, September 24, 2021

Sprinkle Sandwich Cookies

I usually make something German chocolate-y for LeDonna's birthday but this year asked her if there's something else she'd like since another good friend made her a German chocolate cake and I kinda figured there's only so much German chocolate cake one person can eat for their birthday hahahha. She requested cookies, and left what kind up to me. 


I was inspired to make these sandwich cookies after visiting a local bakery while cake testing for Mickey's wedding and spotting something similar in the counter - their's were huge tho and even tho I know LeDonna likes sweets I can't imagine how many servings one of the bakery cookies would be hahahah, so I scaled these down!

Make sugar cookies using whatever recipe you like (or cheat and buy a mix like I did LOL) and add sprinkles to the dough. I used my medium cookie scoop and dropped the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, bake and cool. Match the cookies up as best you can, frost the bottom of one cookie and top with another cookie making a sandwich. Roll the edges in sprinkles. In the above picture I experimented with how much frosting to use, I ended up going with more frosting like the cookie on the left.

Good thing L likes sweets cuz as I'm assembling them I'm thinking 'here, let's put some sugar on the sugar and roll in more sugar' LOL!! Super sweet!







No comments:

Post a Comment