Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Crockpot London Broil Stroganoff

It's Fall y'all! I love this time of year so much - and eating comforting meals like this london broil stroganoff seems perfect right now (ok, well it sounds perfect anytime of year to me, so maybe I should say it seems more 'appropriate' when it's starting to get cool out hahha). I wanted to try making it in my crockpot so googled for recipes and didn't find anything I thought was perfect, what I ended up doing is sort of a mash-up of a few different ones. I will say that it didn't get as creamy as I like, in the future I'll drain some of the liquid off before adding the cornstarch slurry (the thickener) - but the flavor is really good and because it's a crockpot meal of course it's very easy!


  • 1-1/2 to 2 pounds of London Broil (the label on my package says 'top round roast london broil') 
  • 2 packages sliced mushrooms
  • 2 t. garlic powder
  • 2 t. onion powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 cups beef stock
  • 5 T. cornstarch
  • 4 T. water
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • cooked egg noodles 

1. Season the meat all over with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Put it in the crockpot, add the stock and mushrooms. Cover.

2. Cook on high for 1 hour; then reduce heat to low. Cook for 6 hours (longer is ok). 

3. If there is a lot of liquid (use your judgement, the next step will help thicken the liquid but if you have too much liquid there's only so much the cornstarch can do hahahaa) maybe drain some off before proceeding. Mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry, slowly mix into the crockpot about 30 minutes before you are ready to eat. This will help thicken the sauce. When adding the slurry the meat should be very tender and fall apart into smaller pieces pretty easily. Turn the crockpot back to high and cover. 

4. Once the sauce has thickened, add the sour cream and mix well. Check seasoning and add more salt and/or pepper to taste.  Serve over the cooked egg noodles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment