Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Here's my super secret recipe for the cookies I left as a bribe for my neighbors (read yesterday's post about how lame I am). I've been making these for years, the original recipe calls for raisins but that's just wrong (in my book LOL) so I substitute with chocolate chips. 


  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. salt (I use coarse)
  • 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked - I use old fashioned)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  1. heat oven to 350'
  2. beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
  3. add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
  4. add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
  5. stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
  6. drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (I line with parchment paper).
  7. bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown (I measure the dough using my small cookie scoop and they bake for approx 8 minutes).
  8. cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to a wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen. (using my small cookie scoop I get about 56) 

PS: ok, ok, this is not a super secret recipe - it's straight from the canister of Quaker Oats! 



No comments:

Post a Comment