Monday, September 6, 2021

Welcome to the Wedding Sign

Kyle gave me a big hunk o' tree (39"x21") that he planed smooth on one side so I could make a welcome to the wedding sign for them, the thought was they'd prop it up somewhere near the entrance. It's sooooo heavy that I had no idea how I was going to work on it; first I tried leaving it flat on the ground, then propped up against the garage wall thinking I'd sit on the floor to do it but that was really difficult - so I wrestled it to my truck's open tailgate where I could work on it while standing, much easier. It's way too heavy to have carried into the house so I could work at a table! Next I laid out blue painters tape roughly where I th

ought the words would go so I knew how much space I had to fill and how big the letters needed to be. 


Second small hurdle was that it isn't square so I wasn't sure how to make the words straight - I finally settled on where I wanted the middle of the wood to be (the bottom is wider than the top so I found middle using the top) and then measured from the ground up and put a piece of blue painter tape indicating where the line was parallel to the ground (not parallel to the bottom of the wood). After marking it with tape I ran a level along the tape edge to make sure it was level before sticking on the vinyl Cricut letters I cut out.

 I love how this turned out! 


If you're curious, the fonts I used are Noelan, PT Sans Narrow, and Pingfang HK


No comments:

Post a Comment