Thursday, November 4, 2021

Indian Corn

I've been on a hunt for small indian corn to make a wreath but wasn't having any luck - I checked every store I was in, next up was running out to my favorite Lee Farm where I get pumpkins and squash every year but I hadn't made it yet -  so when Ginny gave me 2 bunches that she found at a farmers market I was thrilled. But wait, did I tell her I was looking for indian corn? I don't think so...I mean I have a bad memory but I'm pretty sure I didn't randomly talk about my search. So I asked her if I randomly told her about my search and she said no!! She just saw it and thought I'd like it - wow, she's a new friend but already knows me so well!! 

That was a lot of story just to tell you I have some beautiful indian corn. 

I didn't make my wreath but it's so pretty I had to make a display of it - first I set it on a table but the kernels kept falling out when it got bumped - so I stood it in a glass vase instead and I love it so much! It's been on my table for a couple weeks when I came across the tip to spray water on the husks to make them pliable and loosen them up - I just got done doing that and it totally works. My corn went from having tight closed husks to being frilly and full. Look at the difference, good tip, right?  It's now even more beautiful! 

before staying is on the bottom, after is on the top




11.4.20: chicken with sun-dried tomato cream sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment