Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

I came across this doctored up cookie mix recipe the other day when I was looking for red velvet cookie recipes; it calls for Abuelita hot chocolate tablets which I'd never heard of so I decided to pass making them. The next time I went to the grocery store I thought I'd just see if they carried it and sure enough they do. So what the heck, even though Dave hasn't eaten all the cookies from last week I thought I'd make them hahha. 



The box contains 6 'tablets' (which seem more like disks to me), individually wrapped. To make hot chocolate the directions say to heat 4 cups of milk with 1 tablet. For my cookies the recipe is to melt butter and 1 tablet together, I thought I should break the tablet apart to make melting easier but nope, that puppy is super hard so I gave up and put the whole thing in the pan and it melted just fine. 




Here is the very easy recipe, give it a try - these cookies turned out great. They are crunchy and chewy at the same time, and the cinnamon-sugar coating puts them over. Terrific!

  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 tablet Mexican hot chocolate drink mix (from 19 oz package)
  • 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. 

Melt the butter and chocolate tablet together over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. 

Put the cookie mix in a bowl, stir in the melted butter mix and egg until a soft dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips. Shape into 1" balls, roll in the cinnamon-sugar. Put on parchment paper lined cookie sheets about 2" apart. Bake at 375' for 10-12 minutes or until set (be careful to not overbake). Cool on the pan for 3 minutes, transfer to wire racks. Store at room temperature in sealed container. 

note: I used my medium scoop which is a little bigger than 1" and baked them at 350' for 10 minutes

recipe found here betty crocker 


2.23.21: TT cleaning shrimp hack 

2.23.20: ðŸ”¥week 8

2.23.19: turkey tetrazzini 

2.23.18: random acts of crochet

2.23.17: frozen cooked chicken

2.23.16: how to separate eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment