Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: storing felt

I'm a very thrifty girl and hate to waste materials - if I'm scrapbooking or making card projects I'll figure how to cut, stamp, or punch squeezing out as many as I can from a sheet, same for sewing projects, same for anything using felt. The point for this post is that I save bits of felt in case I need a little bit in the future - you know, little scraps are needed for small things like eyes, ears, flowers, etc...

I used to have all the sheets and scraps in a big box and would dig thru looking for what I needed, but one day I got the idea to store the felt the same way I store sheets of decorative paper (a trick I learned from helping Ronda at her studio). I sorted the felt by color and grouped them in file folders, sheets and scraps together. Now I can easily find a tiny bit of pink, or a whole sheet of green - nicely stored flat in their folders. This also makes the felt not all wrinkled and jammed up in the box which is helpful!


Note: I posted about storing paper and scraps here; in a nutshell you keep the same color scheme or patterns together with scraps in plastic page protectors and stored flat on a shelf - such a simple, organized tip that makes paper-crafting so much easier. 

Here's a few MMDC projects using felt:

gift card holder

troll costume

Gracie's stitch dolls

onesie gift holder

poinsettia napkin rings

mitten gift clip

cork turkeys

Miss Lori's felt flowers

Christmas trees

shamrocks

candy cane mice

pinecone owls

feather hair clips

I'm sure there are more posts using felt but that'll get you started hahahha!! I do love me some felt 😉


2.15.21: air fryer chicken legs by Jen

2.15.20: tuna artichoke salad

2.15.19: self-tanning tips

2.15.18: clary sage bath salts 

2.15.17: glazed lemon cookies

2.15.16: enjoy the little things  paper project


No comments:

Post a Comment