Monday, November 25, 2019

Cork Turkeys

It's been a while since I've made any cork things, so when I saw these cutie little turkeys online here I immediately went to the craft room and made one - how cute is this? It only took a couple minutes to put together, you have plenty of time to whip a few out before Thanksgiving (I'm sure you're not doing anything else getting ready for Thanksgiving hahaha!), but really - they are quick so if you have a few minutes give 'em a go.

Cut out 5 feathers from whatever color felt you want; you'll also need a little beak triangle and a snood (the comma shaped thing around the beak), and either a couple googly eyes, small felt circle eyes, or you can use pushpins. I also made a little yellow foot sort of thing to stand him on. Glue everything in place and once it's dry you're done.

I'm also thinking if you cut a thin slit in the top of the cork you could set one at each place setting with a name tag card inserted in the slit. Cute, right?



I propped up the bottom of the cork for support while the glue was drying

PS: in the interest of full discloser - the elmer's glue was taking forever to dry so I stuck a pin thru the back of the feathers to keep them in place. If you glue them with regular craft glue and they never end up drying and/or holding I'd hot glue them in place - or stick a pin in them!


11.25.17: oatmeal scotchies

No comments:

Post a Comment