Saturday, November 16, 2019

Corny Corn Bread

We had a get together last night and Mickey suggested we have a 'chili bar' - perfect food for a cold night, I made 2 different chili's the day before so clean up was a breeze, and I bought paper bowls so everyone could try both kinds (and have seconds) without my having to try to find 30 bowls in my cupboards or do tons of dishes. Everyone brought lots of munchies, I made some margarita cupcakes that I'll share with you later, and this cornbread.


I've had this recipe in my files for a really long time, I just scribbled it on a piece of paper and have no idea where it came from. I'm so glad to finally make it and now know how fantastic it is and will definitely be making this one in the future. It's a keeper - very easy, moist, and delicious. Oh, and the house smelled great while it was baking...always love that, especially with it being so cold out!


2 boxes Jiffy corn bread
8 oz. sour cream
2 eggs
1 (15oz) can creamed corn
1/4 c. sugar
1 stick butter, melted

Mix all together. Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9" baking dish. Bake 375' for 30 minutes or until baked thru and golden brown.




               and Jane's white chicken chili - both recipes I've posted before and they're both great!


11.16.18: pinecone wreath
11.16.17: doggie pupcakes
11.16.16: fall circle garland
11.16.15: DIY cookie stand

No comments:

Post a Comment