Sunday, November 24, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 47)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at MMDC this week in case you need to catch up!

Posts ~

11/17: 🔥week 46
11/18: scalloped carrots
11/19: tip-sy Tuesday: squash
11/20: fall tutu wreath
11/21: my sis is hungry: butternut mac and cheese
11/22: Thanksgiving foods fit for the dog
11/23: how to make turkey gravy

What's Cooking ~

I'm not much help with menu planning this week, I was sick most of it and dinners were pretty boring!

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy, other than being sick...
  • I read an old one by Mary Higgins Clark, "Moonlight Becomes You" and was pleasantly surprised - I thought she was more fluffy suspense but this one was pretty creepy. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • getting ready to make like a snowbird, starting to pull the house together and pack some stuff. I like to try to get as much Christmas shopping done as I can, that way I can leave things wrapped here and not have to ship later. It makes November very frantic for me but come December I'm ahead of the game (and can avoid most of the standing in line at the post office drudgery).
  • new roof still. not. done. I plied them with cookies and cupcakes as incentive to work even harder but now I'm thinking maybe that's just made them want to stay longer? HA! This week I'll try being meaner and see if that does it ;) 
  • Sarge's birthday was Thursday, he turned 7! The next day he got all his shots updated and then yesterday he was totally out of it, just slept and did this weird little trembling thing, wouldn't stand up, had to be carried up the stairs....I was really worried - I mean, when the dog doesn't want dinner you know something is wrong. He's bouncing back today tho and I think he'll be fine by tomorrow. 
  • started working on a couple projects that aren't my usual quickie-done-in-a-flash things so I'll share them once I'm finished. 
Hope you had a great week! Stop by often to see more fun happenings at camp, who knows what I'll make but you know it'll be something! 

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and doggie worry-wart

No comments:

Post a Comment