Sunday, November 3, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 44)

Dear Campers ~

Hope everyone had a good week? Here's a quick recap of what happened at MMDC in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

10/27: 🔥(week 43)
10/28: spa pumpkin
10/29: black cat string lights
10/30: decorated treat bags
10/31: succulent garden happy halloween!
11/1:  Natalie's lasagna
11/2:  cranberry-vodka punch

What's Cooking ~
  • pumpkin chili (my sis reviews this coming week, along with the recipe)
  • lemon-rosemary chicken, sweet potato "fettuccini", green beans
  • stuffed salmon, grilled asparagus, cauliflower rice
  • grilled tuna, sticky rice, creamed spinach
  • meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, mixed veggies
Miscellaneous ramblings and other things keeping me busy ~
  • read "Daisy Jones and the Six", got good reviews and was on Reese Witherspoons book list...um, sorry Reese but this was very mediocre, predictable, and kinda boring. I'll give it ⭐️⭐️ and I did read the whole thing so not saying it's terrible but... It's about a made-up rock band in the 70's and I'm pretty sure even I could write a better book LOL. Ok, maybe not (you've seen enough of my writing to agree that my rambling posts are one thing, writing a book is another hahahaha). Whatever, read if you want, let me know if you disagree. 
  • got "A gentleman in Moscow" back from the library and finished the last half. I love the way the author writes, but this book was too heavy on the political/historical events of Russia and it bogged things down for me. Others love it tho so don't take my ⭐️⭐️⭐️ as gospel.
  • working on "Better than Before" but only made it half way thru (again with not finishing in time!) before the library snatched it back. I put my name back on the hold list - it's about forming, changing, sticking to or giving up habits. Pretty good but not something that I'm going to binge read quickly.

Took this picture while packing up the RV from the summer campsite - the catchy "have fun at the beach" flag with the crashing waves, dropped leaves, and bleak sky caught my eye. 

The fact that it's November is freaking me out a little! I love fall - walking the neighborhood in the sunny crisp air, wearing a hat, and seeing all the gorgeous leaves makes me happy. Check back this week to see some fall crafts, recipes (hint: pumpkin spice), and whatever else I can think of to make! 

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and leaf lover












No comments:

Post a Comment