Friday, November 29, 2019

All The Green Things Salad

Here's an easy, pretty, healthy, and flavorful salad to counter all the gravy I consumed yesterday!

It's not really a "recipe", I just combine all the green veggies I can think of in a big ol' bowl and toss with creamy mustard dressing. I love this salad, not as much as I love gravy but this is a great way to get your veggies in and it tastes great ;)

For veggies like asparagus, snap peas, broccoli, frozen peas, etc. I steam them for a couple minutes until crisp-tender then put in an ice bath (or rinse under cold water) to stop the cooking, drain well. Other veggies like cucumbers, watercress, arugula, spinach, avocado can be tossed in raw.

Mustard dressing:
Combine 1/4 cup vinegar. 2 T. dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a jar or small bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil until completely incorporated. Add a big splash of cream or half and half, whisk or shake until combined.

I don't have a pic of this because we will be eating it later for dinner and I haven't actually made it yet today - it's a bunch of chopped up green vegetables tossed together so use your imagination!


Dave wanted me to run to Walmart this morning to get some blue stuff to put down the RV drain, I said 'no way - it's Black Friday. At Walmart. Do you not hear about the fights and riots at Walmart on Black Friday?'. He said 'no one will be in the RV section you'll be fine'.

Insert eye roll.

No, I did not go get blue stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment