Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Fall Tutu Wreath

I made this using some of the leftover tulle from the tutu's I made for our fall 5K run/walk (click here for that post) - hence the name 'tutu wreath'...plus it just looks like a tutu hahaha!



So easy and quick to assemble; the technique is the same as making the tutu's  - cut 12" lengths of (6-inch wide) tulle, tie them on a 12" wire wreath using a larks head knot (double the tulle strip, thread the loop thru one or two of the wreath rungs, bring both tails up and pull thru the loop going over the rung, pull to tighten). I did two rows (each covering 2 rungs), 16 strips in each section for each row. Make sense? Check out the pics:


backside of wreath - on the left I tied over two rungs, on the right I tied over a single rung.
Way thicker when I did every rung and I prefer the left side. 
All the tulle tied on and pushed flat, you can see the inner circle  and knots this way...
...or fluff it up! 
Once I had the tulle tied on I played around with how I wanted to finish it - big sunflower, different ribbons, fake leaves...I decided on the leaves and an orange ribbon to hang it. If I don't put this on a door and it doesn't get moved a lot, I don't even have to glue the leaves in place - they stick to the tulle. If it's going to get moved I'll quickly tack them down with some hot glue.






11.20.18: make a pumpkin vase
11.20.17: yarn wrapped wheat
11.20.16: Jen's spinach salad
11.20.15: leaf lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment