Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sheryl's Chili

This recipe seems like it has lots of ingredients I know, but it is also one of the best chili's I've ever had (and judging how many other people were raving and asking for the recipe I'm thinking I'm not the only one who thinks it's great!!).

Here is what she sent me - yes, it's a lot of ingredients but it's so good I'd say it's totally worth it!! Sorry, I didn't get a picture...it looks like chili, use your imagination ;)

In 4.5-5 quart pot cook meats and drain excess fat.

Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil then cover and simmer over low heat at least two hours, stirring occasionally.

Isn't that easy????

2 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage-mild or hot
3-15 oz chili beans in spicy sauce
15 oz can black beans
15 oz can diced tomatoes w jalapenos (Omit if can't find this Kroger brand product)
6 oz tomato paste
large onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 T Hormel brand bacon bits
4 t beef Better than Bullion or 4 beef bullion cubes
1/2 c beer (I omitted)
1/4- 1/2 c chili powder
1T Worcestershire Sauce
1T minced garlic
1T dried oregano
2t ground cumin
2t hot pepper sauce (Tapatio or Tabasco work)
1 t dried basil
1 1/2 t salt
1t black pepper
1t cayenne pepper
1t paprika
1t white sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment