Friday, March 16, 2018

Felt Shamrocks

I had an idea to make shamrock flowers to decorate my table on Saturday (St. Patrick's Day dinner) so googled for some examples...didn't really find anything I liked but saw a few felt shamrocks and thought they'd be cute at everyone's place setting. I followed the directions I found here, but changed them a bit by tweaking the shape to get them how I wanted them to look, but they still weren't perfect - the centers looked a little rough and I could see the glue...what to put in the middle tho? Aha - how about a shiny lucky penny?


You need 4 leaves, see picture for the shape - they are about 2" square and sort of shaped like a tooth (do they look like teeth to you? or maybe a heart with the bottom notched?) and then a thin strip for the stem.

Pinch the bottom notches together and glue. I started with Elmers but that was taking too long to dry so I ended up getting the hot glue gun out and then they were done pretty much instantly.



 Glue 2 of the leaves together, repeat. Then put the stem in between and glue all pieces together.



 These look fine like this, but I finished them by hot gluing a shiny penny to the middle. These are so quick and easy to make that I'm making a few more so everyone at the table can have one! I'm thinking I'll place one on top of a napkin on everyone's plate before dinner.



one year ago: green tassel earrings
two years ago: leprechaun coloring page

No comments:

Post a Comment