Monday, March 26, 2018

Peep Cupcakes

This is from 3/26/16 but they are so cute I wanted to repost - just in time for Easter!


Peep cupcakes - super easy and SO cute. Make whatever flavor cupcakes you want, mine are lemon.  I frosted them with marshmallow buttercream, topped each one with a bunny Peep and a few shreds of candy "grass" (comes in a bag, should be able to find now at the grocery or craft store).

How can you not smile looking at these little cuties?

To make marshmallow buttercream frosting I just add one small jar of marshmallow fluff to my normal buttercream recipe which is:

1 stick of softened butter (if using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt to the frosting)
3 - 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
enough milk to give the consistency I want, maybe 2-3 tablespoons. I don't measure, just pour in a tiny bit at a time.

Beat the butter until smooth, add remaining ingredients with enough milk to make firm spreadable frosting. Then blend in the jar of fluff. So good!


No comments:

Post a Comment