Friday, March 23, 2018

Perler Bead Easter Egg

Not having my niece around to do kid crafts with is a bummer - I love kid crafting but doing it by myself and not having her as my excuse to make silly kid things is making me feel a little lame! Oh well, this is a fun one and I'm owning it, not hiding behind the kid hahahaha. I love perler beads and have a giant tub of them - they are little plastic beads that you put on a form in different patterns and shapes, then melt them using an iron. Have you ever played with them? Great kid craft (other than the melting part, you'll want a grown up doing that). Brooke and I have done these for years, my favorite was the time we made gross ones - she did Hello Kitty with a runny nose and I did a scottie dog peeing. Just being silly :)


Anyway - today it's Easter eggs. I only made one but if you make a few of them and string together it would make a cute garland. Use whatever colors and pattern you like. Easy. One tip that we do is to place the beads on the form using tweezers, the beads are little and it isn't always easy to put them in place with your fingers...and another thing is to be super careful when carrying the form to the iron, I can't tell you how many times we've knocked the beads off! I did it with this Easter egg and I WAS being careful, ugh - then you have to put them all back on again.


I left one bead out to make a hole in the top center for hanging.
After placing the beads in the pattern and shape you want, cover with a piece of paper that
comes with the beads and carefully iron the beads so they melt and stay together.


my silly peeing Scottie "artwork" ;)


two years ago: Easter side dishes - pineapple stuffing, creamed potatoes and peas, roasted carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment