Monday, November 9, 2020

Troll Costume

Yes, I get that Halloween was last week and we won't be needing costumes for a while (unless you want to just have a random costume party for something to do, hey that'd be fun - we should do that!), but I wanted to post this super easy, no-sew, lazy, quickie costume because let's face it, I will never remember a year from now that I made this! Now at least it'll be on the blog if you're searching for easy, no-sew, lazy, quickie costume ideas in the future :)


The pictures make it look really wrinkled, I did not notice that until seeing the photos - ignore that part hahaha. 

I took an extra-large t-shirt I had on hand for another project (actually I can't remember what I originally bought it for - it's in a bag with supplies to make a Snow White costume, did I think the shirt was going to be her dress somehow? I don't know so it's now a troll costume hahaha), cut the sleeves off, and hot glued felt shapes to the bottom. The t-shirt is long enough that I could wear it as a short shift dress but I did wear boy shorts underneath to cover my assets. Just in case. And thank goodness I did because naturally my sister made us do the limbo!

The arm holes are super big on the cut up t-shirt and since I was making this literally 2 hours before going to my sissy's I didn't have time to make this more flattering - the best and quickest thing I could think of was to thread ribbon thru the neck and arm holes and tie it in a bow on top of my shoulders. I used a piece of the same ribbon to tie a bow at the top of my hair - my hair is short right now so with a bunch of hair products and good ol' Aqua Net hairspray I was able to stand it straight up. It's maybe a little weird that my natural hair is also troll hair but whatever. If you have long hair and want to be a troll, I saw lots of ideas online to make a headband with tulle into troll hair. 


To finish I did colorful eyeshadow with fake lashes, bright lipstick, and stuck some gems to my face. Silly and easy, and for how last minute this came together I think it turned out pretty cute. 





No comments:

Post a Comment