Thursday, November 19, 2020

Loaded Brownies

 Here's a quick follow up to yesterday's 'loaded cream cheese brownie' post - I liked the topping idea of these brownies so much I made them again 2 days later but skipped the cream cheese layer and just frosted baked brownies with chocolate frosting and then piled on the toppings. I should probably call these 'lazy girl loaded brownies' because they are SO easy and yet look great. 


Once again I used a triple chocolate Ghirardelli's brownie mix, baked according to the package directions. Once cool frost with chocolate buttercream (or whatever flavor you like). 

Side note: I make fantastic buttercream frosting from scratch but I was in a hurry and bought a can of frosting at the grocery store (see, I wasn't lying when I said these are lazy girl brownies hahah!!). My sis gave me the tip a long time ago to whip store-bought frosting with a hand mixture for a few seconds and it gives it a way better consistency, and because even tho I'm lazy I still want things to taste as good as possible so I did take the few extra minutes to fluff up the canned frosting LOL. 

After the brownies are frosted, add whatever toppings you can think of - I really don't think you can go wrong here. Any mixture of chocolate chips, broken cookies, sprinkles, m&m's, reeses, chopped rolos, or broken pretzels are going to be delicious - and it looks amazing. Yes maybe a little amazingly crazy, but whatever - I think they look great. 

I did the same for serving as yesterday's brownie post (and still didn't take a photo!), cut in small bite-sized squares and put each one in a cupcake/muffin liner cup. Spreading brownie love not Covid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment