Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: removing a toilet paper holder

Last February I posted about changing up my laundry room (click here for that post), but I forgot to share a tip I learned from LeDonna - how to remove an in-wall toilet paper holder (I was just going to wallpaper around it but she showed me how to remove it and it's easy). Yep, I've been holding onto this gem for a solid year and just now feel like the time is right to share hahaha. 


Remove the roll of t.p. and there are 2 long screws behind where the roll hangs, they are about 4" long. To get the holder out of the wall, unscrew them but not all the way out - loosen them enough to pull the holder away from the wall. There is a metal piece at the top and bottom that holds it in place between the front of the drywall (the part of the holder you want to see) and inside the wall - tip the holder forward and down until the top metal piece comes out, then tip back so the bottom piece comes out. The holder and the back pieces are all one piece - I didn't know that. Well actually,  I've never thought about it but if I had I wouldn't have known - and now you know too! 





a year later and I'm still loving the wallpaper!

2.22.21: unstuffed cordon bleu

2.22.20: bacon-infused vodka

2.22.19: oatmeal face scrub

2.22.18: homemade tortilla chips

2.22.17: white chocolate macadamia cookies

2.22.16: making dreamcatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment