Friday, February 22, 2019

Oatmeal Face Scrub and Mask

my teenager formula...
As a teenager I made the simplest face scrub by mixing oatmeal flakes with a little water and then gently applying it all over my face using small circle motions, then rinsing it off. Side note: I had a friend at the time that would spread Crisco shortening all over her face, she liked how soft it made her skin - I tried it once and it was gross! Anyway,  I haven't made the scrub for years but have been seeing more grown-up versions of the same idea lately and thought I'd give it a try. This updated scrub is still very easy, it just has a few more additions -  I ground the oatmeal in a small coffee bean grinder until it was pretty fine, then added a little honey, liquid coconut oil, and a couple drops of frankincense essential oil (supposed to be good for your skin). Mix together; it was a bit dry so I stirred in a little water to make a paste. You can then use it as a scrub and rinse it right off, or pat the mixture all over your face and let it set for a few minutes until it dries (or you get tired of sitting there with oatmeal on your face). Rinse off, pat dry. My face is really soft and smooth (without using Crisco!),  and the stuff smells pretty good too... either version (teenager or grownup) works!


...and the "grown-up" version - grinding the oatmeal
first made the scrub thicker and easier to apply
Lucy isn't sure what to think!


2.22.18: homemade tortilla chips
2.22.17: white chocolate macadamia cookies
2.22.16: making dreamcatchers


Happy moment ~ Sarge snuggling on the angel blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment