Sunday, February 10, 2019

Around The Campfire (week 6)

this is a cute homemade
valentine idea - hole punch a
bookmark and tie wine charms
on with a piece of ribbon. 
Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened this week at MMDC in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
2/3: around the campfire (week 5)
2/4: Man-day Monday
2/5: heart shaped cork trivet
2/6: curried shrimp biryani
2/7: hide-a-key
2/8: DIY air freshener
2/9: monthly home maintenance list

What's Cooking ~
  • taco bowls (I'll share that recipe next week!)
  • curried shrimp biryani
  • baked pork chops, roasted broccoli
  • grilled chicken with bean, corn, tomato, avocado, rice salad
  • meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not worth their own post ~

  • have you read The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah? I read it in a couple days because I couldn't put it down! I love this book and am sad it's over.
  • I've watched a couple Marie Kondo episode's of tidying people up and of course it's inspired me to do a little purging and organizing. Her method is to find all of whatever you are sorting and put it in a big pile so you can see and be shocked by just how much you have. This week I did a mini version with my sweaters and jeans (pulled them all out of the dresser, tried every one on, then decided if it stays or goes). It's a bit time consuming but a great way to know what you have and what fits/looks good.

That's it for this week - I've been up since 4:30 to take Mary to the airport and now I need a nap. Have a great week, hope to see you at camp!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and chief sweater organizer

No comments:

Post a Comment