Friday, February 26, 2021

Laundry Room Refresh

Let me start by saying that my laundry room was fine before this refresh other than I hadn't moved or changed anything in years - and my feeling is that if you have to be in the 'chore room' then it might as well look good hahaha so it was time to change it up. The fixing it up idea started when my sister repainted hers and my niece sent some pinterest pictures for inspiration and all of a sudden my sis doing her laundry room turned into my wanting to do mine! At first I thought I was going to paint it white and remove cabinet doors and do decorative things on the open shelves but then I remembered I don't like to paint. So I stopped thinking about changing up the laundry room and just decided to find a better place to hang my Dyson wand vacuum - currently it was hanging in a spare closet next to the laundry room with the cord going across the wall and it looked bad and was bugging me. And one thing snowballs into other projects hahahah so...

I thought it would be nice to hang it in the cleaning supplies closet where there is a plug, but the closet is packed full and there's no room. So with LeDonna's help we took everything out of the closet and got rid of what isn't used, and organized what we were keeping. While doing that I had the idea that if I moved things out of the spare closet where there's pegboard already hanging, we could hang a bunch of items instead of storing them in the cleaning closet - freeing up space to hang the vacuum in the closet.

After that I was back to the idea of jazzing up the laundry room - without painting walls or removing cabinet doors. I found peel and stick removable wallpaper at Target, white with black dots that I fell in love with and thought would work with the blue walls; then I bought 6 different things to try on the wall not knowing what size/color/style would look best. I settled on this big cow picture - it's a little oversized but it makes me happy to look at this wall - and returned the rest. 


(the owl basket holds our masks)

Then the light switch covers didn't look good so I found these sort of rustic textured covers at Hobby Lobby, and I covered one switch plate that you can see from the laundry room with the same black and white removable wallpaper. Added a chair, some paper tissue pompoms, new cabinet handles (50% off at H.L.), and a throw rug - all of the things I purchased to change up the room were 50% off so I didn't even have to spend much to get a totally different space. Yay! Win-win. 




Dave walked in and started laughing at my cow and wallpaper and said "what are you doing?" and rolled his eyes. I replied that when he does the laundry then he can have a say LOL! 

Even tho it isn't the pinterest dream laundry room I at first envisioned, it makes me happy - even if it didn't change the amount of work I have to do in there hahaha. I'm loving how this turned out!


2.26.20: chicken with balsamic peppers

2.26.19: tip-sy tuesday: stained carpet

2.26.18: adding a safety chain to a bracelet

2.26.17: Missy's seafood gumbo








No comments:

Post a Comment