Thursday, February 18, 2021

Kid's Mask Leash

I've been making kid masks lately and had the idea to make a kid mask leash to go along with the masks - these are very quick and easy to make so even tho I've shown you a few different leashes I want to share this with you too!


These are made from stretchy cord, pony beads and initial beads, and colorful plastic clasps. 

For each leash cut a length of cord however long you want the leash plus a couple inches. I've been cutting the cord approximately 20" but I just randomly picked that number so add more if you want it longer (or obviously cut it shorter if you want shorter!). String on some pony beads, adding initial beads or shaped beads if you want - I did 12 beads on one side and 10 with a plastic heart bead on the other side. Tie a knot in the cord about an inch from the end, push the beads against the knot and then make another knot at the other end of the beads to hold them in place. Repeat for the other side. You could probably tie the clasps directly onto the cord but I added a cord crimp and put the clasp on with jump ring. 




I also made some without beads and they also look cute:


click to see how to make a beaded leash, a cord leash, or a chain leash


2.18.20: tip-sy tuesday: sewing machine needle

2.18.19: Cathy updates a fireplace

2.18.18: pastitsio

2.18.17: paint samples

No comments:

Post a Comment